- I am capable of doing this: I have been driving for
17 19 years, I’m not a baby, I CAN DO THIS.
- It’s not optional: We don’t have an easy public transportation, I HAVE TO DO THIS.
- The last thought I had was the most powerful for me: Jesus got out of His comfort zone for me. He did it because He loved me. I love Him: I WANT TO DO THIS.
- Lying on hay in a manager: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Being different from all those around you: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Being far away from your home: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Being surrounded by mobs and constantly touched : NOT COMFORTABLE
- Having friends deny you: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Friends fall asleep and leave you feeling alone: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Being spat on: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Being Wrongly accused: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Being Beat: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Saying goodbye to a mom you love: NOT COMFORTABLE
- Hanging naked on across about to die: NOT COMFORTABLE
He did all this for me and more because He loves me. The hardest part about moving around the world for me hasn’t been, fear or loneliness, the hardest part has been simply getting out of my comfort zone. I came to grasp that day in the gym that at times I will do some thing that are not comfortable: driving a stick shift, trying to talk in another language, speaking in front of women on deputation, leaving my home, being alone, staying by myself at night etc… But I do it not for men’s applaud but because I love Christ and He has asked me to do it.
What is it that we are not willing to do simply because we do not want to leave our comfort zone? Even state side we won’t do things like pass out tracts, teach a Sunday School class, invite our neighbor to church because it is out of our comfort zone. I pray I will always remember what he did for me and what He has asked of me is nothing in comparison.